Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The best thing in this world is actually free...

                                     


The  best  thing  in  this  world  is  actually  free....it's  called  a  mother's  love.
Yesterday  I  attended  a  little  boy  with  an   injury  to  his  head. He  had  fallen   from  a  tree. While  10  nurses  held  the  boy  still  to  get  his  wound   sutured  up,  his mother  stood  by  holding  his  hand,  solid  like  a  rock. it  took  us  about  10  minutes  to  just  get  3  sutures. Well, he  yelled  the  entire  time  for  his  mother and  kept  saying, "I  will  never  climb  a  tree,  mommy.  please  tell  them  to  stop." 
"Please,  Mommy,  I  will  always  listen  to  you.  Tell  them  to  stop."
Even  though  he  managed  to  grab  the  attention  of  the  entire  hospital. and  if  that  was  not  enough  he  kept  calling  my  name  as  if  I  was  murdering  him! 
But   the  moment  he  got   free   from  the  grip  of  the  nurses  he  took  off  like  a  rabbit  without  waiting  for  his  mother. He  stood  at  the  hospital  gate  and  gave  us  all  glaring  looks. demanding  his mother  leave  the  hospital  immediately. She  just  smiled. 
While   I  was  writing  his  prescription  his mother  stood  at  my  table,  tears  in  her  eyes, she  whispered," He  won't  listen. He  just  won't  listen."
I  have  seen  drug  addicts  and  suicidal  cases.... I  have  seen  their  mothers  too, broken  hearts, silently  crying  in  corners.
I  have  often  heard " He  won't  listen."
"She  won't  listen."
and  I  have  heard   this  too.....  "As  long  as  he  comes  back  home safe...it's  OK."
"As  long  as  she  comes  back  home  safe...it's  fine."
I  have  heard   some  mothers  say  rightly , "the  child's  way  to  come  into  this  world  is  by  kicking  at  a  mother's  belly   and  it  is  going  to  do  that  forever."
Yes,  the  best  thing  in  this  world...A  mother's  love  is  actually  free.

No comments:

Post a Comment